Wednesday, August 27, 2008

day 240


Unfortunately, this picture didn't come out as well as I hoped. My friend Laurie and I treated ourselves to a {late} birthday lunch (Laurie's is the day before mine) at Alicia's Cafe in Brea. This place has the tastiest food EVER! You can't tell what's in this yummy salad, but let me tell you - it was fantastic: in addition to the lettuce there was sliced dried dates, honey-roasted peanuts, BBQ chicken, jicama, and goldfish crackers. Totally unlikely combination, but delicious. It was topped off with a fresh poppy seed roll, fruit, and homemade cookies.

3 comments:

Happy The Man said...

I'll have to admit, I'm a big fan of gourmet salads. Would've been nice to have a milk shake or some other ice creamy substance to chase it with...

Dyana365 said...

Is this place in a random strip mall area a few miles north of the mall? I think I've been there and YES, it is delicious. Does it have a little country like shop attached to it? My friend Mari use to live down the street from it.

Theresa said...

Yes! It's in a little industrial park area north of the mall. The used to have a little satellite location in the basement of the building next to ours (when our office was in Brea), so we ate there pretty much everyday. Everything they make is yummy!