Saturday, June 28, 2008

day 180


Went to a memorial service today for a family friend. Though Connor had never met the fellow, he agreed to come along with me. Heinie Davis passed away last week after battling lung cancer for the last 11-12 years... He never smoked a day in his life.

The memorial service was held at the Newport Beach Stake Center, which is adjacent to the Temple. We got there a little early, so we walked around the temple grounds. On the grounds we ran into my brother Mark (and pals Brucie and Glen). They were there for Thomas Waite's wedding. Small world.

This is another camera-phone picture, by the way. I don't know what's wrong with me... forgetting my camera and all. Go HERE for another picture of Connor.

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

I met him once, at Debbie's (I think, can't imagine there are too many Heinies). That is very sad, but thanks for sharing this news.

Theresa said...

I'm sure he's the same one you met. He's the ex-husband of Louise, who was friends with Debbie. I think they were in the same ward together at one time...